The V5C Registration Certificate has changed from 15 April 2019 and DVLA will be issuing a new version of the V5C registration certificate (log book).
New version V5Cs have been issued from 15 April 2019. The previous version will still be in circulation and will still be valid. DVLA have changed their forms and guidance leaflets to reflect the new version of the V5C.
Changes at a glance
- The document reference number has moved to the top and the words ’Don’t share, keep it safe’ have been added above it promoting security and helping prevent online keeper fraud
- A multi-coloured guidance section at the bottom of the front page helping direct customers to the correct section of the form.
- The enforcements message has been added to the front page to promote vehicle licensing compliance
- The vehicle details have been rearranged to allow room for extra data fields.
- DVLA has simplified instructions
- Change of keeper and change of name or address sections have been separated to be more customer friendly
- Customers are given the opportunity to supply contact details
- Section 6 (new keeper’s slip, green slip) – name and address fields removed to prevent the customer incorrectly returning it to the DVLA
- Signature boxes have been removed and replaced with declarations in red
- Document reference number has been added to each section as it improves customer service and assists with the transformation to online services
- Perforations have been changed. The new larger tear off portion is highlighted in red and should be used as instructed in each section.