This year is NAMA’s 50-year anniversary, and to mark this special occasion, we are putting together a commemorative book.
The book will be looking at the history and future of motor auctions and will be an opportunity for NAMA members to include their own copy and photos from their auction sites.
We are planning to have the book ready and printed in time for the AGM in May. It will also be available as a PDF version for members to feature on their websites. The hard copies will be sent to members’, stakeholders and industry press.
We would like to include photos and history from your site and have prepared a list of questions below for you to answer in as much detail as possible:
- What year was your auction first founded?
- Where was the first site built?
- Has it always just been motor vehicles? Or did you auction off other things as well?
- What was the first car sold through your auction?
- Any famous cars or customers?
- Most interesting car to come into auction?
- Most memorable moment
- What are the biggest challenges you have faced since you first started?
- How involved are you with the local community?
- What are the biggest changes you have seen from when you first started till now? I.e. Customers, vehicles.
- Any interesting facts about the founder, owner or employees in the business
In addition to this, could you please send through any photos for inclusion. These can be of your site when it was being built, an auction taking place, the first car sold – the older the photo the better!
The final deadline for all entries is Friday 5 April 2019.
Please contact our Press Officer Rupal Rawal if you have any questions – email@example.com